Sometimes we want to trigger an action from our iPhone as fast as possible. To do so Shortcuts iOS app it’s a powerful option since it allows us to have shortcuts of some actions in our iOS widget screen.
Let’s try to setup and action.
- Install and connect Home Assistant iOS app
- Add a new shortcut
- Add a new action inside the shortcut
- Name event, i.e.:
- Edit the widget screen and add Shortcut widget selecting the folder where you have all the actions you want to see there
Home Assistant Setup
- Check in Home Assistant that the event is received in
Developer Toolssection, you can add a listener to the new event so you know for sure that the event gets Home Assistant
- Add a new trigger with the file editor like the following:
- alias: 'iOS Action: Arm Alarm' initial_state: 'true' trigger: - event_data: action_name: arm_alarm event_type: ios.action_fired platform: event condition:  action: - service: script.arm_alarm