Now in iCloud+ you can set up your own domain to be used in iCloud Mail. Here are the steps to properly setup this in AWS Route53.
- Got to icloud.com/settings
Custom Email Domainsection and click to
- Click to
Add my own domain
- Step 1: Add your domain in the input. i.e.
- Step 2: Add your existing email addresses if you have some or click to
Skipif you don’t
- Step 3: Click to
View. Here you’ll get all the domain records that we need to add to AWS Route53 or your domain register
- Go to AWS Route53 in your AWS Console
- Go to the hosted zone of the domain you want to configure
- Add the following records:
- MX record with the following values:
10 mx01.mail.icloud.com 20 mx02.mail.icloud.com
- TXT record with the following values changing the
SECRETvalue for what iCloud gave to you:
"apple-domain=SECRET" "v=spf1 redirect=icloud.com"
- CNAME record with host
sig1._domainkeyand value what iCloud gave to you